Decline –Response to a transaction request meaning the issuing bank will not authorize the credit card transaction.
Declined Credit Card Transactions
“Transaction declined” means that, for whatever reason, your creditor is declining the purchase. Often, this is due to being over the credit limit or not having enough funds for the transaction, but it could also be a card hold for security reasons. In addition, this could happen due to an AVS mismatch.
Another common reason for this error is that the security code you entered with your credit card information is incorrect. Each time that you update your credit card information, even if you are just saving it again without having made any changes, you will need to enter the security code anew. This is for your protection, so that no one can submit your credit card for billing unless they know and have entered the security code.
If you have verified that the security code is correct, we recommend that you contact your creditor to see why the transaction is being declined. This message is coming from your creditor rather than from Typepad; it is the response we get back from your creditor when we submit your billing information to them.
To check the credit or debit card being billed and the amount, go to Account > Billing Info in your Typepad account.
Declined (Card declined by issuer – contact card issuer to determine reason.)
This generally occurs for one of two reasons:
- The customer’s credit card issuing bank did not approve the transaction. This could be for insufficient funds, frozen account status, invalid credit card number or expiration date, etc. Unfortunately the card issuing bank does not provide additional details regarding the reason for the decline. The customer will need to contact the card issuing bank for more information. One way to recognize a bank decline is to look at the transaction’s Address Verification Service (AVS) status in the Authorization Information section of the Transaction Detail page. If it shows AVS Not Applicable (P), this generally means that no verification of the address information was initiated as the transaction was declined beforehand.
- The transaction may have been declined by your processor based on transaction limits established by your Merchant Service Provider (MSP). Your MSP sets both per-transaction and monthly transaction amount limits for your transaction processing. If you have questions regarding your transaction limits, please contact your MSP. A phone number to your MSP should be on your most recent funding statement.
Declined (Contact card issuer to complete transaction.)
A referral to a voice authorization center was received. Please call the appropriate voice authorization number below for the card type being used:
- American Express: (800) 528-2121
- Visa/MasterCard: (800) 228-1122
- Discover/Novus: (800) 347-1111
- Diners Club: (800) 525-9040
- JCB: (800) 522-9345